- 16 pages, full color, 6 5/8" by 10 1/4"
- Grades 3-7
|This educational comic book has been reviewed for accuracy by:
|Center For Plant Conservation
|Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
|New England Wild Flower Society
Teach young people and families about wildflowers and native plants! This fun full color adventure comic books shows how native plants benefit their environment, and encourages their use for resource conservation.
Wildflowers and Native Plants shows:
- What native plants are
- How native plants are well-suited to where they grow
- How native plants provide food and shelter for wildlife
- How many introduced plants are not native, and require more resources
- How native plants can be used for water conservation and soil conservation
- How each person can use native plants, encourage their use, and learn more about them
Use Wildflowers and Native Plants to educate young people and families you serve with your conservation district, natural resource conservation agency, wildflower preserve, park system, garden club, nursery, or other agency or business interested in promoting native plant usage and conservation.Return to top
Children WANT to read them, so you KNOW they’ll learn!